Re: [MV] Flange bolts for propeller shafts

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 07:12:37 PDT

Take one of the take offs and it's associated nuts and washers and if you
want, the info you supplied, and go to any TRUCK parts store or construction
equipment dealer (Caterpillar or John Deere or biggy type equipment dealer).
Not NAPA or PEP Boys or a CAR place. Counter guy will be able to fix you up
as long as you don't start off with "I need some parts for an Army
truck...."
    The Deuce is mostly 50's vintage off the shelf truck technology. No
really cutting edge type stuff when it comes to fasteners and most parts.
Some things seem to be difficult to find now because things and methods
improve over time. Automotively speaking, we're talking stone age here.
    You can buy lug nuts from MV vendors for $3.50 each plus S&H, or $1.18
each over the counter. Take your bearings to a Timken distributor and pay
dealer cost. Save your money for the gun ring or cargo cover. It's up to
you....