Re: [MV] workman .50 replica for sale

From: Claude W. Vaughn (vaughn@totalaccess.net)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 07:01:47 PDT

Hi Chuck,

I would like to see the photos.

I would also suggest you not sell the replica. There are times when you might prefer to
have a replica mounted instead of a live gun. Recently heard about the theft of a replica
Cal. 50 from a M3A1 Scout Car at the MVPA Convention at Alameda. I haven't read all the
rules but I believe the BATFE gets real unhappy when an owner "loses" a registered machine
gun. I too intend to have real weapons for all my vehicles and will mount them for
displays. But if the vehicle is to be displayed and left unattended (for more than a few
minutes) I think I would prefer to use a replica. Also if you are going to display your
vehicle and mounted weapon on a Federal installation I would think a replica would keep
things much more simple. I can site an example from about 15 years ago when I had loaned a
friend a newly purchased Cal. .50 replica to mount on his halftrack. We set up a nice
vehicle display at a Military air show. Someone in the "crew" on the track jokingly
commented to a spectator, while leaning on the .50, that "we are going the bust off a few
later." Youthful indiscretion. Within minutes base security had surrounded the display and
were very intent on confiscating the weapon. Only because it was a replica ( and I must say
it is a very good steel replica ) was it allowed to remain on the vehicle. Remember, this
was some 15 years ago. Today, with the world-wide terrorist climate, I think I the replica
would be gone in a similar situation. And yes, I still have it to this day.

Just thoughts... but I would like to see the pictures.

Claude.