Re: [MV] Missing vehicles

From: Adam Suess (ajsuess@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 20:29:30 PDT

Here in Minnesota fed owned trucks, pumps, generators and what not that are
lent through the DNR forestry division remain federal property and cannot be
sold or parted with out written permission. These items must be returned
when no longer used. The Minnesota DNR physically inspects yearly. It use to
be that they just came and said yep you have it but this year they took down
mileage, hrs, condition, where it was stored, What it was used for etc. We
can not part a truck out. However we can swap parts off trucks in the DNR
inventory, but must replace that part with the one removed from our surplus
truck. equipment must be complete when returned. If they come to inspect and
you do not have the the idem they will bill the fire dept for it. They set
the price in that case.

Fed property received through the State Surplus in Minnesota must be put
into use with in 90 days and used for 3 years then you get title. We pay a
service fee and shipping on the idem. They currently have a M 52 available
to city's and counties for $5,000. If they don't place it, it goes on a GSA
sale. I'm attempting to get a 900 series 5 ton for the city to be used for
a snow plow through this program. I've had the request in for 2 years now
they can't find a 900 series. Good programs. Our fire dept has alot of
equipment through the DNR program and we use it.

                                   Adam Suess