Re: [MV] stored diesel

From: Dick (rertman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 08:59:31 PDT

Pat,

Take some samples and look at the color. It should look clean and
clear just like it comes from the filling station pump. If it's dark or
even black, that's algae. Some additives will kill the algae, which will
settle to the bottom of the drum. Then you can filter it and use it,
making sure that what you get is clean & clear. My favorite stuff
is called "Prist" and is available at airports where they sell it for use
with
jet fuel, which also can have algae problems. Prist can be used in storage
tanks and even in aircraft fuel tanks and burned with the fuel. I pour some
into my Dodge/Cummins tank occasionally if I'm gonna leave it parked for
more than a few days.

Dick