New HMMWV black out light mod

From: Darrell Ramsell (daram@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 16:43:41 PDT

Gents

I saw in the Contra Costa time on Sunday with a picture of a M-1114 or 16
on the front page of the Nation & World section (Unfortunately I don't see
the link any more). The HMMWV had no black out light but on top it had what
appeared to to be two rotating lights on the top corner of each front
window. The light are covered so I can't tell exactly what they are. My
assumtion is that they are IR lights to assist soildiers NV equiptment but
they could be FLIR. Anybody know anything about this?

Darrell