RE: [MV] Get it home / why its worth it!

From: Todd Goranson (todd.goranson@netcracker.com)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 08:35:05 PDT

I'd like to add about good experiences rather than negative. Shipping for me was not an issue(just purchased a M1009). But it was an experience buying it. I bid and won a M1009 from Ft Drum, and currently live in NH. I reached out to this site and did as much homework as possible before picking up my truck (towing/running/not running). I meet some of the greatest people through web posting's here. I learned about my truck, the engine, drivelines, parts needed, contacts, and previous gov't liq experiences. I was an unfortunate candidate of the "sea-gull attack" or a member of the "mid night auto club", as upon arrival, some individual had removed key top end engine components from my truck (relay and manifold). They were there when the photo's were taken, but missing upon my arrival. With a slight sour taste in my mouth, I started utilizing the contacts I'd made in the previous weeks to understand and locate the parts. Each person pointed and guided me in a the direction for parts and installation that I needed. A few extra dollars and a little grease labor later, she fired up on the first try. Running strong and plenty of power (thanks STU :-) for your help), I forgot about all the negative experiences and now love the truck top to bottom. Yea, it needs a little more TLC, but you know what, it's a passion, a hobby, and toy, not my daily driver. And yes, for each hour of driving, I may need to spend 2 hours fixing someday, but for now, the smile of driving it is priceless.

All I can say is: keep reaching out, check all possibilities for shipping, don't tow if it endangers others or yourself, remember its suppose to be fun, very few hobby's are profitable, and ask when in doubt! Good luck with your truck, You'll enjoy the end result!

Todd Goranson
Senior Implementation Engineer

NetCracker Technology
95 Sawyer Road