You never know who you will meet...

From: roger (rfrancis@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 12:19:58 PDT

Another crazy MV story. I had my 1956 Suburban Carryall out of a nice Sunny
Florida drive and this car is right on my rear bumper... I change
lanes..they change lanes, I go faster they go faster. No matter what I do..I
can't seem to shake this guy off. I finally say screw this and pull into an
empty parking lot just to let them go by. To my amazement..they follow me
into the parking lot. Now what do I do.. I am boxed in and no where to go.
Thinking I have some crazy nut to deal with I decide it is better to just
stay in the truck instead of confronting him. I watch carefully in my
rear-view mirror as a nice old lady gets out and slowly walks up to the back
of my vehicle. Figuring I am not going to have to worry about her pulling a
knife or an AK-47 out.. I decide to meet her halfway (she is walking VERY
slow..). She says HELLO and says she has been following me for about 10
miles waiting for me to stop so she could talk to me. It seems her late
husband was an Army Vet and she saw the markings on my vehicle and wanted to
know if I would mind helping her out with something. She said there was
going to be a Gold Star Memorial to honor the local fallen soldiers at a VFW
hall that her husband belonged to and she wanted to know if I would bring my
MV for the Veterans to see. How could I say no. You just never know who is
admiring your MV whether parked at an event or just out for a Sunday drive.
Thats what it is all about.

www.usarmysignalcorps.com