FOUND: Military Crawler and Scraper in SE Oregon

From: chesnimnus@juno.com
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 13:35:19 PDT

I visited a fellow near Klamath Falls who has some M-5 parts I am getting, and he showed me around his place. Mixed in among the old IH trucks and tractors, he has an International Harvester TD-20 or TD-18 with a LeTourneau scraper hitched together. He knows nothing about them except his dad got them somewhere, probably as military surplus, and that they were used occasionally to grade around the farm. He would let them go away if someone wanted them, and I would bet for not a lot of money. Moving them would be the hardest part, as you would need a lowboy to transport them. He says the crawler still runs, which would make loading it easier. If anyone is interested in obtaining this unusual pair, let me know, and I will hook the two of you up. Hands off the M-5 parts though.... :-)
-Colin Rush