RE: [MV] You never know who you will meet...

From: Glen Closson (glen_closson@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 20:08:13 PDT

Things that happened to my while driving my Mutt:

1.) Sheriff pulled me over and wanted to know where to buy parts for his
CJ-2. He thought I was "Military" until he saw the license plate.
2.) Guy followed me and wanted me to change the brakes on his old Jeep.
3.) People pull along side and stare and prevent me from changing lanes so
that I can get off at my exit (This has happened several times). Now I just
use the slow lane.
4.) Guy at stoplight noted his friend bought a Army Jeep for $50. I
explained that never happened (he didn't believe me).
5.) Guy wanted to know exactly how much I had into the restoration. And
exactly how much I paid in the first place. He got indigent when I told him
I didn't remember.
6.) Kids at a stop light noted I wasn't driving a "REAL Army Jeep."
7.) Woman at stoplight said my Mutt was "the coolest thing she had ever
seen."
8.) Salesman at work noted he drove a Jeep just line mine in Korea and it
was a M100.
9.) Guys at work didn't believe me when I told them the unused "flanges" on
the differentials are not PTOs.
10.) People ask "Are going to war?" I tell them no way, it would get the
Mutt dirty!

Regards,

Glen
May the Joys of today be those of tomorrow!
May the goblet of life hold no dregs of sorrow!