Re: [MV] one more mission

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 06:08:57 PDT

Sonny and anyone else down that end of the US.....

    If you want to help, contact the Director of your local Red Cross unit
and have him kick your offer of time and truck (SPECIFY A FORMER MILITARY
MULTIFUEL 6X6) upstairs to the state director.
    They (Red Cross) are desperate for rough terrain vehicles (4x4). The
fact that your truck will run on anything flammable would make it
indispensable. There is a lot of new cooking oil laying around down there
that will go into your tank quite nicely. Most of the Gov't mil deuces and 5
tons have had the compensators bypassed.
    And being an official vehicle of the Red Cross with official sanction
will get you markings and NG troops assigned to protect you and the cargo
that CAN shoot to kill if necessary. And a possible support point (and
mechanical help) through the NG assigned to support the Red Cross.

    Bring whatever spares and tools you can with you. And a couple of spare
tires on wheels because there are lots of pointy things laying around.
    Be prepared to lose your vehicle though. If it goes Tango Uniform in a
bad place, or the local Sheriff decides he needs it more than you when you
want to go home it's gonna be a moot point by the time you get a lawyer and
find a working court.

    To repeat... The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Free Lancing under the conditions down there is just plain crazy.....

    Good luck,
    Ronzo