re:VIN location and GL FU

From: FireflyArms (info@fireflyarms.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 13:32:24 PDT

Thanks to all the folks who responded to my VIN inquiry. I found it on the
dash plate, glove box plate, and left front frame rail.

Now the bad news...while all the numbers on the truck match, none of the
them match my SF-97. Needless to say, it's gonna be hard to verify when they
don't match!! I'm so mad that I could spit nails.

Called GovLiq and spoke with the woman whose name is on the dealer
re-assignment form. "Oh that's easy", she says, "Just have the DMV do an
inspection and write a letter verifying that the numbers don't match". Yeah
well, the DMV is 60 miles from here. I'm NOT doing 120 miles in an
unregistered/licensed truck just to get a letter. I was willing to make the
trip when I was sure I'd be coming home with a valid registration.

She's going to look into it and call me back. Oh yeah, and she leaves in 30
minutes so it'll be tomorrow sometime...

Serenity now, serenity now...

Sam B.