Re: [MV] Battle of New Orleans - 2005

From: Herb Leong (herb@tomobiki.urusei.net)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 01:41:21 PDT

Well, "no rebuilding in the flood zone" would mean not rebuilding
most of New Orleans as most of the city is below sealevel, with
some parts being as much as 10 feet under. So unless you piled
fill to get the whole city above sealevel...

So, if someone was born & raised in NO, was unemployed for whatever
reason, and had to be evacuated from a house that was in his or her
family from when France was in charge, you would advocate that they
should not be eligible for help to go back?

/herb

Royce C Hayes wrote:
# I could not agree with you more. I have just faxed a letter to my
# congressman and senators requesting that they not send funding to rebuild
# any housing in the flood zone in New Orleans and not to relocate anyone
# that did not have a job previously back in New Orleans.
#
# Royce
#
# On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:10:27 -0700 (PDT) "Employee at MILVEHCO"