Re: [MV] M1009 problem question COMPLETELY OFF KATERINA TOPIC

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 09:14:26 PDT

Ron,

I would not ASSume that because you have a hydraulic boost system that
you cannot get air into the master cylinder via the booster. I'm quite
sure that their is an air break (gap) between the hydraulic side and the
brake fluid side.

Silicone has a nasty habbit of trapping air for some reason much better
than conventional brake fluid. That is probably your problem. I would
recommend that you invest in a vacuum based brake bleeder, one that uses
a simply hand pump. They are very effective at bleeding tough systems
and a lot faster than doing the two person pump the brake pedal thing.
JC Whitney has them, I believe Harbor Freight sells them, Sears used to
sell them, etc. About $40 or so and worth more than that.

Yes, putting the MC cover back on is a good idea unless you are trying
to strip the paint off your car (with conventional fluids) or if you are
trying to get that silicone high gloss finish! (;->)

Dave