Te: [MV] Alternative Title Sources?

From: joeyounginc@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 17:37:18 PDT

Sam,
I've used Broadway and Titles Unlimited. Works great if your
vehicle is old enough. I think twenty-five years, but I'm not
sure. Some states, like Alabama, do not require a title for older
vehicles, so they register it and then send you a Bill of Sale,
selling the vehicle back to you. Due to so many people in CA
abusing the services (price paid to evade taxes), CA did an
investigation and probably does not recognize the title companys'
paperwork anymore. NJ no longer accepts the Bill of Sales from
title companies, as are some other states. Best that you find out
if your state will honor a Bill of Sale from whatever state you plan
to do business in.
Joe Young