Help in Baton Rouge PLEASE!

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 14:29:14 PDT

Gang, I need some good advice and I need it kinda quick. I've got a friend
thats a cop in Baton Rouge. He's working 12 hr days 7 days a week. In his off
time he's hauing whatever he can on his deuce. This guy is busting his ass
for the cause and I just got off the phone with him. He's got a major engine
oil leak from his bellhousing. His clutch is slipping and he's ordering clutch
parts. Pulling the trans and replacing the clutch is not an issue. He even
has the mil trans hoist. Here's the question, whats needed to replace the rear
main while he's in there? He wants to know what he's getting into before he
starts. Is it a one piece seal thats easily replaced of is he looking at
dropping the pan? Is there anything else that might be producing the oil in the
bellhousing? How much time on average is he looking at? I need to get this
info for him as quick as I can. Deuce experts please help me so I can help him!
Thanks,
Kenny