Re: [MV] Help in Baton Rouge PLEASE!.......CR seal #46754

From: Marc Strangfeld (mjstrangfeld@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 20:24:11 PDT

Kenny

According to my records, a Chicago Rawhide (CR) seal
#46754 is a direct replacement for the rear main. It
is one piece. There was some discussion about some
sort of block bolted over the seal that you should
check for open drain holes. I did not have such a
thing on my engine so I really don't know what it's
all about. Perhaps someone else will add to this.
Before shipping a NOS seal overnight check with your
local NAPA or any decent parts house. My local
Bumper-to-Bumper stocks that very seal. Tell your
friend to keep up the good work.

Good luck,

Marc