Upgrade to surge brakes in 1967 3/4 ton trailer (M116A1)

From: Kelley Terry (kbst@copper.net)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 10:59:04 PDT

I have an old US Army surplus trailer. I use it for heavy loads a lot. Problem is I use a 66 Ford 1/2 ton 4x4 to pull it. The brakes on that year of ford aren't very strong. I have a surplus store that will sell me the surge unit w/o the slave cylinders in the drums. Does anyone know which wheel cylinders are needed or how to identify the necessary part ie axle or brake backing plate to find/order the right wheel cylinders?
TIA

--
Kelley Terry <kbst@copper.net>