Vintage cannon: Can they be had?

From: chesnimnus@juno.com
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 10:58:11 PDT

After talking with a couple folks over the last week about our club's M-5H-6 project, I would like to possibly find an M1 155 howitzer or an M2 105mm howitzer to trail behind the truck. (I believe the 155 was later renamed the M101.) Has anyone tried to do this? I suspect that the Army or Marines may have one of these sitting somewhere that could be donated to the museum for use as a display with this truck. If anyone has any experience with this, I would love to hear from you. Since they are probably obsolete, they should not be worth anything to the military. Or they should have an old broken or worn-out model that they could part with. Or if anyone knows of a memorial that has been taken down to clear the way for civil progress (urban sprawl), that they would be willing to donate to a new home. If any old empty shells would be available, that would be an added bonus.

FYI, I may have switched the numbers of each gun. I am not an expert, and only know what I do from some online research I have done over the last couple days.