Re: [MV] VIC-1 alternative

From: Buzz (muttman@charter.net)
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 10:17:27 PDT

Guys,
Another alternative that I will be attempting is to install is an aircraft ICS.
It has pilot, copilot headsets VOX ICS, com radio inputs (RT-524) and a
entertainment input. The unit is about 2" x 4" x 1",I got it off ePay for about
$50.

During ICS chatter the entertainment mutes to background. When a radio call
comes in all other inputs are muted for the pilot. The PTT button is located on
the bailout cord clipped to your jacket.

BTW I got a set of molded earplugs for target shooting ($50) and they are great!
But uyou can also get the earplugs with audio inserts for radios or
entertainment devices.

Buzz