Clutch?

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 19:52:54 PDT

I guess I may be on foot now.

About 2 miles form the GA MVPA rally, the clutch broke on my 1998 GMC
1 ton dual wheel pickup. I was pulling a trailer full of mv stuff to
sale at the rally. It has a 5 speed manual and less than 40000 miles on
it. It had started to feel funny about half way to Atlanta. I felt a
pop when shifting into 5 after stopping at a redlight. At the next
light I found the clutch would not disengage. I had to switch the key
off at red lights and crank it in gear to go. I could shift from 1st
to 2nd (i didn't try to go higher). I managed to limp to the show site
and park the truck at the rally. A Friend of my son followed us to
Atlanta so I have a ride for now. Any suggestions? Anybody know a
good transmission shop in Atlanta? I am giving serious consideration
to trading it in on a new ride. Know a good dealer?

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi