MV Displays

From: autodoc51@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 09:51:08 PDT

Our local chapter of the MVPA was invited to display our vehicle at an
up coming air show. Members and their vehicles volunteered for this
event...then we were told we needed to be on location by Friday
afternoon and could not remove our vehicles till Sunday night. If an
event is local a lot of our members like to drive to the event that
morning and home that same evening and the same till the event is over
or maybe just for the one day. OK we can deal with that... Now they
tell us all our vehicles will be searched along with any personal items
we are carrying. I guess thats OK, security thing I guess. Now they
tell us we must have a back ground check by the local police dept,
driver and all passangers. Now we are loosing interest in this event.
NOW they tell us the FBI must do a full and complete back ground check
on all club members attending the event. Guess what? Our club members
refuse to attend this event.
  I have been to air shows on Military bases and they gave us food,
vehicle shelter and locked security and never any question on who we
were or searches.

BILL L Autodoc51@aol.com North Florida