Traffic Circles - MVPA VOTE NOW

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 06:41:41 PDT

I grew up with traffic circles in NJ. They are built extra wide to allow
all size vehicles, including Tractor Trailers to negotiate them. All
traffic can flow easy, merge easy & exit easy, unless the driver just tries
to drive straight through the flow of traffic.

Enter on the outside lane & merge towards the inside if you are going around
more than half way. Everyone can see the speed of a gradually merging
vehicle & either move across in front or merge behind the entering vehicles.

It does not need to be a circle for an idiot to cause traffic problems.

The main reason circles are being eliminated is the quantity of vehicles
trying to cross paths. We have too many cars & the caution requires slower
driving. That automatically causes back-up at a circle.

--------
MVPA VOTE NOW:
SVEN JOHNSON - GREG WOLANIN -
AL NICHOLSON - JIM DIAS

HELP ELECT DIRECTORS THAT WILL WORK FOR ALL MEMBERS,
NOT JUST THEMSELVES OR OLD FASHIONED STUBBORNNESS.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA