Re: [MV] Breaking news

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 06:35:57 PDT

At 7:21 PM +0930 9/20/05, dgrev wrote:
>Nigel
>
>>However what the horrific news footage( of the mob petrol bombing the tanks
>>and crew men trying to escape whislt ablaze) yesterday did show of the
>>blazing Warriors was that petrol bombs could disable such a tank. Such a
>>weakness is suprising but I guess unless its fully sealed for a chemical
>>attack, petrol could secrete through hatch seals, the turret ring etc.
>>Scary and a new dimension.
>
>What surprised me is that the crew wasn't retaliating. I would have
>thought that when somebody tried to burn you to death you would have
>every right to use the coax next to that auto cannon?

The folks over on Tank.net were viewing it as a
very large amount of restraint of not firing into
the crowd. This is in the south in Shia areas
where it's been peaceful. Seems like discretion
was the better part of valor in this case. They
haven't kicked over the ant's nest like they
could have. Good thing too.

If it'd been one of the more lawless sunni areas,
no doubt they'd have started plugging knuckle
heads.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)