Re: [MV] CUCV Reality check

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 14:02:04 PDT

> What they (the dealership) really want you to do is to realize that
> your truck is way expensive to repair, and stop by the friendly sales
> dude at the front office and buy a new truck for 60 payments of only
> $800/month and "save" some money. (;->)

Which is why I have a great relationship with a local Grease Monkey,
not a dealer. Problem is, the parts are still stupidly expensive no
matter who you go to. My guys are sometimes embarrassed to tell me how
much a part is, even though I know it isn't them. They are also not
adverse to going into their boneyard and pulling a used piece off if it
will work. They can be pretty creative sometimes!

Steve