Re: [MV] M1008 Fuel Tank Filler Hose

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 12:51:50 PDT

Ed,

Actually no they don't. I checked earlier this morning and they indeed sell one but they did not know whether it would fit a diesel or not (never mind a CUCV). This point was unclear to me as well so at lunchtime I did a little recon of a local boneyard and managed to check 2 different mid 80s vintage gasoline chevys and one mid 70s series gasoline GMC and all of the fuel tank filler neck hoses were definitely of a smaller diameter. This wasn't by much but they were absolutely smaller. The fuel tanks themselves even looked different and had some kind of an extra flange. I think the diesels must be bigger so that they can partake of the nice fast pumps used by the big rigs and the big diameter flexible nozzles (sometimes named after a donkey's part) that fit on the jerry cans and other containers.

plaz

1985 M1008 CUCV