Storage of boarding ladder

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 16:19:09 PDT

I am going to a parade on Sunday (John Basilone Memorial) and will be
carrying some older vets in the back of the deuce. I am trying to find
out where the appropriate place is to "store" the boarding ladder while
we are en route. There are a couple of short straps attached to the
ladder near the top, as well as near the bottom. I was thinking of
trying to strap it to the outside of the troop seats. Any other suggestions?

Once everyone is off the truck, I can just throw it in the back but, I
don't want to put it there while people are sitting on the troop seats.
I am afraid someone will trip or fall on the ladder. Or, the ladder may
shift while moving, and slide into someone's leg. 80 year old legs don't
stand a chance against a 35 year old metal boarding ladder.

--
Bruce Kalin
East Coast Convoy Coordinator