Propane as an alternative fuel.

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 07:14:19 PDT

Hi all,
No one seems to be considering propane as an alternative fuel, either for
our friends in the disaster zone, or, in general for our MV related stuff
(MV content).
It doesn't get old, is pressurized, so, doesn't need a pump, and with some
"rigging" will run gas or diesel engines, and, propane referigators, lights,
etc.
You can 'rig' an engine to run on propane at constant speed fairly easily,
just by adjusting the flow for a set air intake (for gas engines), or, just
adjusting the flow for diesel. When you're out of fuel, it'll work better
than 'nuthin.
If you have access to an RV, or camper, etc, they usually have propane
refers, and, sometimes lights.
Just a thought.
Good luck to all.
IF I can help, just let me know...........
I'm in northern CA.
HEnry