Re: [MV] Report of First Time Out Since Hurricane Rita

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 06:15:42 PDT

Floyd,

This may be a crazy idea, but sometimes doing things unconventionally
has worked for me.

I live in the country and when farmers want a bunch of fuel they call a
farm coop or fuel distributor and have them deliver the fuel. If you
have a near empty fuel oil tank (250 gallon type, etc) or some other
larger tank, they may be able to deliver a hundred gallons or so into
your tank from their delivery truck. Perhaps they would even deliver a
smaller quantity at a higher price. It might be worth a phone call.

You can bet that they are making deliveries of diesel to places that
have big gensets backing up building on critical systems. Oftentimes
those trucks will have multiple compartments to also carry gas.

Good Luck,

Dave