Re: [MV] Generator - bad gas

From: Paul Vandervort (pgv@mydb3.com)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 10:08:52 PDT

        Oh another fuel story: I have an old Harley Rapido 125cc 2cycle on/off
road bike. THat bike sat for about 7 years with the gas/oil mix in it.
When I finally got it moved out of my parent place and at my place I
gave her a go. Darn if that old gas didn't run like fresh gas! Didn't
smell old at all! Probably was due to a finer grade of refining and the
30 weight oil mixed with the gas stabilizing it.

        I am under the conclusion that with the minuscule refining capacity
that the U.S. has nowadays (thank you EPA, and all those tree huggers),
most gas probably gets refined, distributed, purchased and burned in a
surprisingly short time. Thus make it as cheap and as fast as possible,
and the customer takes it up the .........

        MV content: I keep forgetting that my 5 gal Jerry can on the back of my
M38A1 is still full from mid July. Awe heck, it's probably bad by now.

Paul Vandervort