Re: [MV] E-85 fuel and multi-fuel ?

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 11:21:00 PDT

Quoting "M. Thirtyseven" <m37greenbeast@hotmail.com>:

> List,
>
> Not to "fuel" more debate ..just a ? can "Multi-fuel" engines run on
> E85
> (corn ethanol/(white lighting)/gas blend)? In WI we have a small but
> growing number of stations pumping this stuff for vehicles than can
> use it.
> Going to about a $1 or more less per gal than "real" gas.
>
> http://www.uticaenergy.com/
>
> And does one dare try running this stuff in older M series vehicles?
>
> Later,
>
> Daryl

I am no expert, but since no one else has spoke up, I will. It is my
understanding that a mulitfuel engine prefers diesel. Running on
anything else is for short term emergency use only and will greatly
effect the lifespan of the engine. I wouldn't put that E85 stuff in
any MV's. From your link it will only run in a few modern cars esp
designed for it. 85% ethanol is a very powerful solvent and would
probably eat up all kinds of stuff in an older system.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi