Diesel and Coking Oil

From: rees.a@btconnect.com
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 09:14:55 PDT

Hi all
Well I run my Landrover Discovery on Cooking Oil. (Don't have a Diesel MV
to play with...mines Petrol).

Someone posted a comment about coking the injectors. This is correct.
Cooking oil has a slighty higher viscosity than normal Diesel (well over
here in the UK it does anyway).

I have fitted a kit to my Landrover and have an additional 40 Litre Tank
(well 2 Jerry Cans) to carry the Veg Oil. The modifications that I carried
out, was to fit a conversion kit. It operates by monitoring the engine
temparature and pre heats the cooking oil in a little heater assembly. I
start on normal diesel, and when a red light goes on, flip the switch to
cooking oil. When I stop, I flip back to normal diesel, and stop the
engine. If I stall its fine to restart on cooking oil, as long as the
engine and system is warm, if not, normal diesel.

Considering the UK price of diesel is 95p per liter I have saved a fortune!

Legally, over here we have to inform the Customs and Excise and pay a Duty
of 22p per litre of veg Oil used. ..... because its not widespread, and
difficult to monitor the Customs leave us Veg Oil boys to be honest and
tell them how much we use !

If anyone is interested in the kits, I can dig out the URL of the German
manufacturers and the British suppliers.

Adrian Rees

http://mail2web.com/ .