Re: Diesel Exhaust converted to water -

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 20:36:10 PDT

Tapping Into the Tailpipe
To paraphrase the recently departed Don Adams, "Would you believe, a soldier
drinking diesel fumes?"

The Army is spending $2 million to outfit two Humvees with filtering systems
that convert engine vapors into potable water. The gunk that is generated
from diesel combustion is put through a six-stage filtering process to
create agua that the Army says will be at least as good as tap water.
-----

To complete the cycle, all we need now is a method to convert, shall we say,
solid and liquid human waste to motor fuel.
I'm sure that the "Interface, anal/penile/esophogal, soldier-tactical
vehicle, Mk 4", is right around the corner.

Some day, there will be postings on this list like:

Question #1:

"Have a complete Mk 4 kit, including all the flexible rubber bits, but I
seem to be missing the penile interface tube and pump. Apparently the
previous owner misplaced it after his honeymoon. I wish to set this up at my
camp, to produce water and electricity, so that I can watch the Yankees beat
the Red Sox. Does anyone have a NOS tube and pump, or does anyone know of a
NAPA cross-reference? Can I possibly adapt any of the parts from the M35
fording kit?

Question #2:

"Can anyone recommend the most efficient MRE to use with my Mk 4 interface
kit? I wish to optimize the mileage on my HMMMV."

Question #3:

"Are the swivels and fittings metric or SAE?"

Question #4:

"Has anyone succeeded in using the Mk4 in a parade?"

APB