Re: M1009 problems ???

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 23:37:37 PDT

I don't think your glow plug relay problem is related to your #1 gen
problem. The relay is feed from the 24v bus through the resister.
With no load a volt meter will read 24v. When the relay is closed the
load of the glow plugs will drop the voltage to about 12v. If it drops
to 0 I would clean all of the connections and check the fuseable links.

To check the gen problem, I would first unhook the wire at the 12v bus
and see if that opens the circuit. If it does, I would unhook each of
the other wires at the bus, one at a time and follow it out. If it
doesn't, I would look to the dash light.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi