M342 (M35A2)fuel delivery problem

From: Bill & Bonnie Prestin (bprestin@chartermi.net)
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 01:03:32 PDT

Hi,
     I have an M342 dump truck with an LDS465-1C engine, I am struggling
with fuel delivery problems. It will drive down the road great for a couple

of miles (accelerates fine) then just runs out of fuel. After sitting for a
few minutes with the fuel pump turned on, it will start back up and drive a
couple of miles more. It will also idle fine forever, so a little fuel is
getting through. I changed all the fuel filters, still no luck. I also tried

bleeding the valve above the fuel filters on the engine while the truck is
idling. Plenty of fuel squirts out, so the problem must be beyond there. The

problem developed while I was up in northern Michigan on our clubs fall
trail ride. The 120 mile trip home was pretty rough. It's amazing how rude

people are. My first response would be to stop and help if I saw someone
broke down on the HWY. But, I saw more middle fingers than I can count.
Nobody stopped.

Anyone have any ideas where the system might be clogged? My engine has the
sticker on the side that says
"use diesel fuel only. Fuel compensator has been bypassed to prevent engine
oil dilution"
But there is still a maze of fuel lines around the injector pump.

Bill
Michigan