Re: M1009 problems ???

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 05:43:46 PDT

One of the TMs has a really good checkout procedure for the alternators.
You'll need some jumper wires, a light, battery, and battery charger to do the
full checkout. If you want it and can't find it, I can look it up.

Your glow plug relay will energize with 12V directly from the battery, then
de-energize when you turn on the key? That sounds like you are losing a
ground, which is supplied by the glow plug module. Your glow plug module must
be cutting the ground when you turn on your keyswitch, which could also be
caused by a temp sensor or bad module. A manual pushbutton is an easy fix.

When I installed my manual pushbutton, I installed a relay in the circuit so I
could feed the WAIT light from the output on the glow plug relay. This way,
you will know if power is getting out of the relay to the glow plugs. (We can
cover this later).

Jeff

Odonlow@hotmail.com
> >donlow.50g.com