Re: Wire for harnesses

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 19:40:24 PDT

Depends on how picky you want to be about wiring for a truck, but MTW
(machine tool wire) is just about the same as "primary" wire. Just
about any commercial/industrial electric supply house will have tons of
it in different colors. The stuff is designed to be used in machines
that vibrate constantly ( like many machine tools ). Life in those
applications is measured in years, so a couple thousand hours on a truck
  is not much in comparison. Personally I think that THHN is pretty
tough stuff and also very common. It has a nylon jacket which is very
abrasion resistant. But it is quite stiff. Consider using wire numbers
to make it easy to keep track of circuits. It's a lot better than
trying to color code everything.

Dave