Re: Undercoating for wheel wells, HMMWV idea

From: Michael Breedlove (gundocmike@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 14:18:29 PDT

Hi, I know this is late but I just got the old
computer fired up again.
I didn't put undercoating on my HMMWV I purchased 7
army bed rolls, the ones about 1/2 inch thick made of
closed cell foam. I then cut the mats to fit my wheel
wells and undercarriage of my M998 and attached it
with 100% silicone caulking.
To my surprise I can barely hear the road noise or my
tires humming, I can even hear my civiy radio.
Just a thought.
Mike

http://mail.yahoo.com