Identifying Whistler Turbo

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 11:42:01 PDT

I hope someone can help in trying to identify which turbo used on the LDT
465-1C engine is a "whistler". If you have an M35 with a whistler turbo and
you would have a moment to take a look at it and answer the following
questions I would appreciate it very much.

1. Outside diameter of the air inlet port
     3-1/2" or 2-3/4" ?

2. If 2-3/4" is there a boss cast on the outside of the air outlet port for
the ID plate?

3. If there is no boss, is the exhaust turbine half of the turbo attached to
the other half by a loop clamp or bolts?

Thanks in advance for your help on this project

Ken
San Jose, California, USA
M35 A2
M151 A2

P.S. If someone in the San Jose/San Francisco Bay Area has a whistler I
could take a look at sometime this coming weekend, I could do that also.
Let me know.
Ken