Re: why did we adopt these?

From: Tactical Truck Info (info@tacticaltruck.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 15:25:55 PDT

These were purchased by the Air Force for the Ground Based Cruse Missle. Google
"GBCM" and you can get the history. My guess is they used these trucks instead
of HEMTTs to get the West Germans to allow the US to field the system in
Germany in the 80's. They were only fielded for about 7 years. I had a tractor
I just sold. It was the sweetest driving army truck I've ever driven but repair
parts were huge $$$$$$$$.
Jeff