Re: TOILET PAPER OIL FILTER

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 20:47:20 PDT

Way back in the 70's some company was selling a filter for your car that
used a roll of toilet paper. Didn't make much sense to me. Why would
anyone think that a roll of toilet paper would make a reliable filter??
  Why not a roll of paper towel or a couple of old socks etc.....

You could always replace your OEM filter with an after market unit and
use a spin on FL1 type filter at $4.00 each. That would save a few
bucks also.

Filters and oil always seems like the last place where someone should
cut costs. I just bought a gasket set for a Ford 6.9 diesel and the
cost was almost $200.00! I haven't replaced any hard parts yet. And
that is just for the gaskets! Oil and filters are looking cheaper after
today.

Dave