Re: Urgent: CUCV Smoking, Running rough.

From: Caleb Pal (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 18:15:40 PDT

Hey,

Well I went and wrenched on the truck a bit. Started it up, and the smoke is
blue, like when its cold, it smells like unburnt fuel. The past week I have
been smelling unburnt diesel around my truck. I couldn't figure out where it
was coming from. I found out where its coming from. The galley under the IP
and Intake Manifold is soaked in fuel, and there is a puddle of it on the
firewall end of things. It seems to be coming from the throttle shaft, on
the drivers side. It drops out pretty steady. I took the top off the
Injector pump, the part held on by 3 screws, and it was FULL of fuel. Is it
suposed to be full? It leaked when I loosened the screws, and was spilling
over the top when I took the cover off. When I ran it I still heard the
tapping noise. I loosened the lines to all the injectors on the drivers
side, and a friend was watching the tail pipe. Did not notice any change in
smoke volume when I loosened any lines, just kept smoking. It doesn't smell
like burnt oil, so I don't think its rings or anything. Could the IP be
dumping way too much fuel into that side of the engine? I have no clue whats
going besides it being bad. I don't get the tapping, maybe a lifter, or
would too much fuel do that?

Confused Caleb