FBI Call

From: jhooah (jhooah@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 05:23:38 PDT

XXXX "So what did the Feebs say after you 'fessed up?

XXXX "Oh, OK, we just were curious. Have a nice day." ??? Or did they try to
intimidate you???

XXXX apb

AP:
Oddly enough they called my work phone, so they already had a clue as to whom in the area had the jeep. The lady was more curious than rude, and laughed when I explained. (Prelude to kicking in the door???)
DoD had investigated me after a complaint at the MVPA National Fort Lee show back in 01. No problems found (That was another do-gooder trying to say I couldn't have an inert TOW system....)
Still trying to get the letter from DoD Criminal Investigations with their inspection results back to carry in the back of the seat. They read them to me, but didn't provide me a copy even after an initial Freedom of Information Act request (I asked them and they said to use FOIA).
My next call was to my local Sheriff's office to elaborate on the FBI's inquiry and assure them I'm not invading the County. Very reassuring conversation, nice to be in a farming county VS city, and definitly not in California....

Being readly identifiable would seem to be a good thing when everythings peaceful, but I'm betting it will burn me at 3:30 AM one morning me after someone bad does something in the area, as anxious agents may knock down my door first.....and ask questions later... Here's to hoping common sense and a simple proper legal recon/question inquiry session is done prior to a raid.... With all the Artillery registration papers BATF has on me, and the events I bring things to, they should have me on speed dial by now....no sweat
Regards W Winget
LTC USAR, Contractor, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
XXXXXXX