M62 Medium Wrecker

From: Colin Topliss (colint@m151.info)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 14:12:58 PDT

Hi everyone,

I've clubbed together with a couple of friends and bought an M62 Medium
Wrecker (basically so we can recover other vehicles in our small fleet
of military vehicles). Its remarkably complete (we even found some tools
still in wrappers). Its a gasser, and was built in 1951, and last
refurbished by the US Army in Germany in the early sixties.

I was wondering if anyone out there can point me in the right direction
for spares? Unfortunately due to its age, not much of the later M-Series
stuff seems to fit (different electrical connectors, different headlamp
assembly and so forth), so I'm left with trying to source the relevant
parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Colin.