Re: Is it armour or armor? Is is color or colour?

From: MYDEUCEANDWILLYS@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 19:55:14 PDT

I believe the measurement is not an actual foot but an English Kings
directive of making the cubit a standard measurement, A cubit I understand is the
length of your elbow to your finger tips? And this King using his head said,
there will be only one length when I ask for something, only one and it will be
MY cubit that is the one to use, and the saying I now of is it was then
broken down into workable measurements from there, the cubit became a yard ,, 3
ft and so on. Since early warships and catapults were measured this way
when built i guess there is a thread here? ha randy out