M35 tachometer

From: cgarbee@ipass.net
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 16:09:50 PDT

Guys,
I'm working on a friend's M35... Trying to get a truck I towed home from a GSA
yard behind my M35 in good enough shape to drive it 4+ hours to it's owner...

The tachometer is not working. Someone had already pulled the cable off the
head before I got my hands on it, so I confirmed that the inner core of the
cable was not spinning when the engine was running, pulled the cable and the
right angle drive unit off the engine, cleaned them and verified that everthing
was spinning. Reinstaled the drive and cable on the engine and fired up the
truck. Inner core of cable still does not spin...

What should I check next?

TIA
cgarbee