RE: CUCV Coolant Leak

From: G Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 21:50:00 PDT

I would look at the water pump. Common leak in the 6.2 Detroit. The water
will come out the drain hole and run down onto the crank damper area. The
leak volume will vary with temp, system pressure and rpm also. Happens to
be a NOS water pump for that engine on Ebay right now for about 10 bucks.
Wish I had seen something like that before I bought a new pump from a
dealer.

Glenn