Re: Speaking of alternative fuels: hunger pangs?

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 15:30:54 PDT

my, my this old southern boy shuddered at this post, for you who do not
know, grits that Stu spoke of, come from grinding dried hominy - hominy
comes from treating shelled mature corn with Lye to remove husk from corn
kernel. Not corn meal which comes from grinding corn. There is yellow and
white hominy, of course made from white or yellow corn, I have never seen
any yellow grits - proper name "hominy grits". Eaten several ways, hot in
bowl with butter and sugar, or molasses, some eat them as a vegetable salt
and pepper, I have had them when they were let get cold, then sliced and
fried, again as vegetable or with syrup as a sweet dish.

Speaking of grinding corn, it can also be ground into corn flour, I have
made biscuits with corn flour, not best I ever had..

MV content, even bet would stop radiator leak temporarily

Everette