RE: Another 2 1/2 Wrecker

From: G Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 17:04:00 PST

Well I don't know, I have heard it plenty of times. In mil terminology
(manuals, FMS shops etc) they often refer to the pintle hitch or hook on the
vehicle and the lunette eye on the trailer. Most people are not aware of
that though and just call these things whatever they want. But I guess that
the way of it with a lot of things. I don't know where the names ever came
from but that's what they are called since WWII anyway.

Later
Glenn