Gama Goat master cylinder rebuild kit, and NAPA has farty pants

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 09:34:02 PST

Are rebuild kits for the M561 Gama Goat's brake master cylinder
available anywhere? I've found at least two sources for NOS master
cylinders, but I'd rather not replace the whole thing when a much
cheaper rebuild kit should do the trick.

I tried to order filters and engine paint for my Goat through
NAPAonline. They cancelled the order because they will not ship
hazardous materials such as spray paint (so why do they allow you to try
to order it?). I haven't had any trouble ordering spray paint and other
aerosols from other industrial suppliers; they slap a "no air transport"
sticker on the box, and maybe an ORM-D sticker, and it's good to go. I
could re-order the filters without the paint, but I'm tempted to find
another source for the oil and fuel filters out of spite.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/