Anyone know of a GOOD garage floor cleaner?

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 15:01:41 PST

Most things I read on postings to list should work, I manufacture cleaning
equipment and supplies; so have some experience, driveways exposed to
weather are easy, Lye (caustic soda), oven cleaner, laundry detergent, dish
wash detergent, etc. will remove surface grease, oil. Stain that remains is
what has soaked into concrete, sometimes removable by covering with "oil
dry" soaked in bleach. Acids will work, Muratic, or acid from dead auto
batteries, BE CAREFUL, not only will they remove stains will also remove
flesh... Also be aware that cleaning stains will leave a spot cleaner than
other parts of drive. Further what runs off sides of drive will kill grass,
flowers, etc.

Inside shop building is much more difficult, same chemicals but you have to
devise a method to get liquids applied to stains off floor, wet vacum works
but it must be rinsed good after use, and be aware of fumes exhausting from
vacum. I have had good luck as simple as it sounds to wipe up oil, grease
then put "oil dry" on stain inside shop and rub with block of wood, or shoe
soles, brings up most oil grease stains.

Everette